Terms of Sale
ThriftyMedsNow.comTM is an international prescription service pharmacy specializing in the delivery of mail order pharmaceuticals and licensed by the MPhA under license # 32713. The following terms and conditions
govern the sales as between ThriftyMedsNow.comTM (the “Pharmacy”) and the individual (the “Patient”) regarding the products and services (the “Products”) offered for sale by the Pharmacy. By accepting delivery of the Products described on a purchase order (an “Order”), the Customer agrees to be bound by and accepts the Terms of Sale.
1. Personal Examination. The Customer has personally attended, has had a physical examination by and has received a prescription from a duly licensed practitioner (the “Prescribing Practitioner”) within the last 12 months and does not require an additional physical examination.
2. Original Prescription Required. The pharmacy will not accept any Order unless the customer delivers the Prescribing Practitioner’s original prescription or unless the pharmacy receives the original prescription from the Prescribing Practitioner by facsimile.
3. Power of Attorney. The Customer shall authorize and appoint the Pharmacy as its attorney and agent, to take all steps, sign all documents and to act on its behalf as if the Customer was personally present and acting for itself for the limited purposes of (a) obtaining a legally valid prescription for any prescription which the Customer had sent to the pharmacy; and (b) packaging the Customer’s prescriptions and delivering them to the Customer. The Customer’s authorization shall include, but not be limited to, the collection of personal and personal health information and disclosure such information to the Pharmacy, the physician and any other health professionals being retained on behalf of the Customer, as required. The Customer’s authorization may be revoked at any time and shall be continued until the Customer revokes it.
4. Orders; Prices; Payment Terms; Interest. Orders are not binding upon ThriftyMedsNow.comTM until accepted in writing. The prices for the Products shall be as specified by the Pharmacy and as set forth on the website as at the time of acceptance of an order. Prices for Products shall be subject to change without further notice. Credit terms are at the discretion and as specified by the Pharmacy, and unless otherwise specified in writing, payment must be received by the pharmacy prior to acceptance of an order. Payment for the Order may be made by a credit card accepted by the pharmacy, wire transfer, bank draft, personal cheque or money order. If credit terms have been agreed to by the pharmacy, invoices are due and payable within thirty days after the date of the invoice. The Customer agrees to pay interest on all amounts past due at a rate of 18 per cent per annum.
5. Shipping Charges; Taxes. In some cases, separate charges for shipping and handling will be shown on the invoice(s). The Customer is responsible for services tax, sales and all other taxes associated with the Order, however designated, as required in Canada. If applicable, a separate charge for taxes will be shown onThriftyMedsNow.comTM‘s invoice.
6. 18 Day Shipping. Delivery of the Product to the Customer takes place when the product leaves the Pharmacy. After delivery, the Pharmacy will, as attorney and agent for the Customer, arrange for shipping of the product to the Customer’s home address. Normally, the Customer’s product shipment takes less than 18 days to arrive. In the event that the Customer’s shipment is delayed, and upon notice from the Customer, we will do our best to remedy the problem and determine if it should be re-shipped.. If orders are delayed we will call you and let you know they will be delayed.. ThriftyMedsNow.comTM is not liable for any damage to the Customer due to delay in shipment or failure of the product to arrive within 18 days. All packages can be tracked via Canada Post , please call for a tracking number.
Examine entire contents of recieved medication and billing upon delivery. Any issue requiring resolution must be reported by phone directly to a Thrifty Meds Now customer service representative within 72 hours of delivery for resolution. Thrifty Meds Now reserves the sole right to any, and or all resolution beyond 72 hours of delivery .
7. Warranties. THE MANUFACTURER OF EACH PRODUCT IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY ASSOCIATED WITH A PRODUCT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THRIFTYMEDSNOW.COM DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN RESPECT OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTEMPLATED BY THESE TERMS OF SALE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. RESPONSIBILITY FOR CLAIMS IN RESPECT OF THE PRODUCTS IS LIMITED TO REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT.
9. Return Policy. If the patient has received the package, please call for authorization prior to return as not all medications may be returned for credit. If the patient does not take possession of the package and refuses the package at the post office, once it is returned in it’s original unaltered package, ThriftyMedsNow.comTM will credit the patient for the full price of the medication minus the shipping charges to their address and for its return. ThriftyMedsNow.comTM reserves the right to amend its Return Policy from time to time by posting the updated policy on its website. The Customer agrees to review the Return Policy each time it submits an Order.
10. Recall Policy. We offer a Recall Policy. Please refer to the Recall Policy for complete details. ThriftyMedsNow.comTM reserves the right to amend its Recall Policy from time to time by posting the updated policy on its website. The Customer agrees to review the Recall Policy each time it submits an Order.
11. No Hassle Policy. At ThriftyMedsNow.comTM, we will do our best to make it right..
12. Products and Services. ThriftyMedsNow.comTM may revise and discontinue the Products and Services displayed on the website at any time without prior notice.
13. Exports. It is important to note that not all of the ThriftyMedsNow.comTM‘s services shown on the website are available in all provinces in Canada or in jurisdictions outside of Canada. The Food and Drug Administration has taken the position that virtually all shipments of prescription drugs imported from an international pharmacy by a United States customer will violate United States law. By placing an Order for product or services, the Customer represents to ThriftyMedsNow.comTM that sale, delivery and shipment of the Products will not violate any import, export or other law or regulation in the Customer’s home jurisdiction.
14. Entire Agreement. The Customer agrees that these Terms of Sale and any document incorporated by reference or referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between the Customer and the Pharmacy pertaining to the subject-matter of these Terms of Sale, and supersedes, terminates and otherwise renders null and void any and all prior agreements, understandings, negotiations, contracts, proposals or requests for proposals, whether written or oral, between the Customer and the Pharmacy. In the event of a conflict between these Terms of Sale and any of the documents incorporated by reference or referred to herein, these Terms of Sale shall govern.
15. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms of Sale shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision hereof and any such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be severable.
16. Headings. The section headings used herein are for convenience of reference only and do not form a part of these Terms of Sale, and no construction or inference shall be derived therefrom.
17. Force Majeure. ThriftyMedsNow.comTM shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, delays due to backorders of requested products, mail delays, customs delays, lost shipments. ThriftyMedsNow.comTM shall not be responsible to notify the Customer in the event of such delays. The Customer shall be solely responsible to make other arrangements to purchase alternative products and any costs incurred in connection with such purchases.
18. Governing Law. The Customer understands that ThriftyMedsNow.comTM is a Canadian business registered in theProvince of Manitoba and that the Customer is purchasing medications that have been approved for sale in Canada. Title to the Customer’s medications passes from the Pharmacy to the Customer when the Customer’s medications leave the Pharmacy. All agreements reached or contracts formed with the Pharmacy shall be deemed to have been made in the jurisdiction where the sale takes place and the laws of that jurisdiction shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising between the Customer and the Pharmacy. All disputes with the pharmacy shall be resolved by reference to Manitoba laws.
19. Knowledge and Consent By placing an order with ThriftyMedsNow.comTM, the Customer has read and understands the terms and conditions as set out herein. The Customer represents that he/she consents to the Terms ofSale, and does so with full knowledge and without undue influence or duress. The Customer acknowledges that the Terms of Sale are readily accessible on a 24-hour basis from ThriftyMedsNow.comTM‘s website and shall be provided to the Customer in hard copy format upon request at any time. The Customer acknowledges having had every opportunity to obtain independent legal advice with respect to the Terms of Sale.
last updated: April 15, 2008